Click on any cartoon panel to enlargify it!

Sunday, July 25, 2010

Flies: from dog poop to your dinner plate, in seconds!


I spent more time drawing this panel than any other, and it probably would have been just as successful as a simple rough. A lot of times I'll think of gags where the joke involves a lot of people, like someone reacting in a large crowd, or about complicated things, such as an explosion in a factory, and since I like to draw it can easily get out of hand. So, I usually avoid those ideas. I've found that the simpler the gag, the more successful it is. I mean, is an explosion in a glue factory really funnier than some poor slob slipping on icy pavement? Hmmmm.... let me think about that.

3 comments:

  1. This one was worth the time. It's funny.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, cool. It's nice to get comments like this. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  3. still one of my favorites , this is sooo good !

    ReplyDelete