Click on any cartoon panel to enlargify it!

Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Old Folks and Flies





Here's a few more horizontal panels of differing subjects. I must have about 40 of these drawn up this way, and I will try and post the ones I think are successful. Some I feel were not successful and will go on the back burner for re-thinking at a later date. Rather than discard mediocre gags completely, like I should, I hold onto them in the hopes that miraculously I'll know how to make them funny someday. I have stacks of gags like that, that are only 50% resolved, but just don't have the heart to chuck them out. I'm thinking they might be gold, I just don't see it yet! Trouble is, every time I look through that stack I'm filled with a horrible sense of obligation.

10 comments:

  1. These Are funny Ted Blackman! I can't wait to see more of your funny Ted Blackman Comics!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey, thanks Maria. My first comment! More funny humor coming! -Ted

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this set! As a microbiologist, I find the virus one is hilarious. (Even though I've never seen a virus with legs). And the fly one reminds me of every grandmother!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey Steph, thanks, and thanks for joining up! I have a couple more virus jokes I'll dig out for the microbiologists out there. Wow, that was a hard word to spell. -Ted

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is a good run of ideas. My favorite is the the old couple and the obstacle course. Good afterthought.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Piraro's got nothin' on you, man.
    When're we gonna see these in the San Diego Union-Tribune?
    Are you saving up a bunch of these to get syndicated still?

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hmm... the last panel of this one tells me you don't like math very much? :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Just starting to work through your gags. They are really funny love the virus one.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I like the old couple and the obstacle course.

    Your gags are more interesting than the old chestnuts people keep lobbing around even if not every one is gut splitting funny. Too much of that stuff is an overdose anyway and it all works the same, I prefer your type of humour--it's more unique.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I am a math and the math cartoons are so hilarious. I feel the pain for my students.

    ReplyDelete