Click on any cartoon panel to enlargify it!

Sunday, August 15, 2010

The Good Old Days


I was digging around in my cartoon vault and found this old gem, so I updated it a bit with some color. I believe it was a gag I drew for the 91X radio station out of San Diego, when they were publishing my cartoons in their newsletter back in the eighties.
As for the luxury of TV remotes, I never even heard of one when I was a kid. We just sat next to the set absorbing harmful radiation, and flipped back and forth between the shows that happened to be in the same time slot. There was no way to record them, and if we missed anything we pretty much figured we'd never see it again. Nowadays, if you misplace your remote, you can't even operate your television. One night I lost it for almost an hour, and tore the place apart till I found it again. It was in the freezer, and the ice cream was on top the TV.


8 comments:

  1. Yes, Yes, Yes I love this type of exaggeration. This has the feel of Tiny Toons Vacation and before that, Looney Toons exaggeration. Lovin' this one!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've been in a sour mood all day and this is the first thing that made me REALLY LAUGH!!!! Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks guys. There's something about ridiculously heavy objects in goofy situations that makes me laugh as well. I have another along those lines that I will post later today. -Ted

    ReplyDelete
  4. I remember those old remotes, my dad would strap it onto my back and holler, "C'mer you idiot, sose I can change the channel."

    I had it easy, by brother had the antenna strapped to his back, sometimes he had to climb out on the roof.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I remember those old remotes, they were like garage-door openers on steroids

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Love it! Just stumbled onto your blog...I could spend hours here. Thanx for the many laughs!!!

      Delete
    2. Love it! Just stumbled onto your blog...I could spend hours here. Thanx for the many laughs!!!

      Delete