Click on any cartoon panel to enlargify it!

Sunday, August 29, 2010

Playin' Possum






This one came to me last week when I was on a lunch break, because I often bring my post-it notes along and rough out ideas while I eat. It can be especially rewarding when I'm eating with a friend who also shares a comical perspective on life, although anyone listening in to two cartoonists developing a joke might wonder what is so darn funny, since it can be quite random and ridiculous to hear.
I spent about 2 hours today cleaning up the line drawing and then putting some quick shading and color to it in photoshop. I've been trying to post a gag a day, which has proved to be quite a challenge when I work all day in the animation studio. I'm starting to think that If I can come close to pulling off a gag a day, with a full time job, then syndication is not so daunting an idea after all, since that would be just one job to worry about. -Ted Blackman

4 comments:

  1. Oh my, I'm ashamed to say, this looks like my weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. HAHA, I love hearing about your personal experience. I don't often revisit ones that I think are throw aways, but I've kept mine. Maybe it's time to revisit.

    Do you ever fall into slumps, Ted? I'd love to read a post about that if you'd ever like to get on the topic. Slump breakers or any other thoughts on the subject would be great.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hahaha! I know this all too well, only I fake asleep. Good job!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This one's great because it's so close to reality.

    ReplyDelete