Click on any cartoon panel to enlargify it!

Sunday, March 27, 2011

The Busy Maid


I haven't had the time to come up with a new gag, so I dug into the archives instead and found this oldie. I believe I drew it in 1984, back when I was really hit and miss with gag writing, and before I learned a few of the formulas. But I remember showing a batch of new cartoons to a friend and this is the only one in that bunch that had him chuckling, just a slow 'this is so ridiculous' kind of laugh that creeps up on a person, but a laugh just the same. So I hope it creeps up on you, too. -Ted

9 comments:

  1. omg.. creeps me out BIG time!! I cringe when I saw this.. uh oh!! You tricked my brain to imagine the CRASH scene.. Very powerful, Ted.. It's really funny in a really strange way (a positive experience of course) :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh goodness! one of my biggest fears is knocking something over in a gallery! you got that moment when you realize theres no way its NOT going to fall lol! great job

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awe man! Ha, ha, haaa. I know that feeling when you're pullin' and jerkin' on that cord and "what the heck is . . ." and then that horrible feeling and seeing it fall out of the corner of your eye. Oh my this is quite a moment you have here! Peak of the action. Great!

    ReplyDelete
  4. hehehe really funny :D good gag, good gag. i clicked on hysterical

    ReplyDelete
  5. Haha, I'd like to see what happens next!
    I wouldn't like it if this was me though..!

    Cheers,
    Junko

    ReplyDelete
  6. Soon to become the very unbusy maid. Hehehehe, creep on me it did, my friend. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your friend was right... this one is very very funny! :D

    ReplyDelete