Click on any cartoon panel to enlargify it!

Wednesday, April 6, 2011

Little Known Transportation Fads That Came And Went


Yep, diggin' into the archives again to buy more time. This drawing dates from about 1993. I had an idea for a series of cartoons based on the history of ridiculous inventions, and this drawing was one of them. Somehow I tied it into that theme but forget now what the original joke was. The invention series seemed like a good one at the time but it proved to be too difficult to make the ideas funny back when I was still learning the ropes. I didn't have too many winners in that batch but I always kind of liked this drawing so I saved it. You may recall the gag I posted early on of the outhouse at Niagra Falls, that was one from the same series that actually worked. Well, I didn't know how well it worked till I showed it to my brother and he just cracked up. Turned out it was a hit on the blog, too.
Anyway, nowadays I pretty much save every little scrap of a gag idea, hoping to make it funny eventually, but back then I tended to trash anything I didn't like, so most of that Invention series is long gone.
As always, your comments are greatly appreciated! Thanks for tuning in. -Ted

2 comments:

  1. hahaha.. nice. How cool is that mower! :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Ted, What a shame we will never see those lost gags, but thankfully you have plenty of new ones to keep us laughing.

    ReplyDelete