Click on any cartoon panel to enlargify it!

Thursday, October 11, 2012

Prehistoric Milestones!

Hey look everyone; an actual 3 panel comic strip! An old dog CAN learn new tricks.
Anyway, I suppose that after these cave folk played around with this new spoon trick they then went right back to shoveling food into their mouths with their hands. Weren't most prehistoric discoveries stumbled upon by accident rather than actual experimentation? So I figure that after a few weeks they are all around the campfire one night playing with their static spoons and one guys spoon drops off his nose and into his food. When he picks it up to lick it off, the revelation is experienced by all. Next thing you know they all have forks, knives and cloth napkins and say "May I please be excused" before getting up from the table. Or am I just being silly?

17 comments:

  1. What a glorious moment for the humanity! This is something wikipedia should definitely mention too. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Spoon

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is funny Ted (although I ticked the H box..because of your text explanation.)There is something amazing about comic strips that can't be done in single panel cartoons...Its a delayed timing thing...so hard to do well, but you did.....you old dog.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Rod. But I kinda feel just the opposite. I was trying to do the set up in one panel at first, but it was giving me fits. In the end, it was easier putting the set up and delivery in three panels. Just seems easier to me to have extra panels to tell the story.

      Delete
  3. Hahahahaha! You are such a tease. This is great. I was at an art store in Kansas City early this week and I saw several drawing pads. One of them was for comic strip illustrations. I almost got one.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ha ha!!! Love the expressions of triumph & awe! Man, those guys are ugly! Glad the gene pool has expanded since then....

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey, very interesting theory, could you show us, on another occasion, how they discovered the pencil to draw?
    I have no idea for what they may have used a pencil, before discovering that served to draw good cartoons like this :))))))))
    have a nice weekend!!!!
    Do not look into a broken mirror, eh :)))))))

    ReplyDelete
  6. It's kinda like staplers being used as paperweights and such. Fun idea, Ted! I suppose it's also a subtle nod to the ingenuity of our species to also use pre-exisitng objects for new purposes, or an affirmation to our lack thereof of it. Haha.

    ReplyDelete
  7. You're being silly..and that's always good. As my daughter tells me, "you're weird, but that's a good thing!". I laughed when I blew this up to enjoy your 3panel piece! Excellent work dear Ted, excellent!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Whut? Spoons aren't just for hanging????

    BAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA, you really had me cackling here. More silly, please!!!! More!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Look at your inbox mail please, you have an invitation. :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. you nailed it, Ted. :)



    “The stone age didn’t end because they ran out of stones.”
    ;)

    ReplyDelete
  11. LOL-made me laugh again Ted :)

    -Dawn

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hahaha.. Of course! funny as always, sir! :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. "ahaha of course!!!!" said Mita, while sticking chopsticks up her nose.

    ReplyDelete