Click on any cartoon panel to enlargify it!

Saturday, October 12, 2013

Ancient Art

So, I'm back in-house again at WB helping to develop a direct-to-video after some much-needed time off. My first week there has been very time consuming, so I wasn't able to draw up a cartoon for the blog this week. As a result I was forced back into my cartoon vault, wayyy back, and found this relic. It's dated 1978, the earliest drawing I've ever published here, from back when I was still in short pants and drawing what I called my 'bloody cartoons' for my junior college friends. I was very influenced by Gahan Wilson's Playboy humor and Charles Rodrigues' cartoons in the National Lampoon. I still like depicting old people in compromising situations, but would back off from depicting blood like this. Maybe it's because I feel a lot more mortal now that I've clocked a few years since those rash days. I figure this could end up being me splattered on the floor one day. Not so funny now, is it Mr. Ted? Hope it never comes to pass, but if it does, I hope I can laugh at the irony.

6 comments:

  1. Hahahahaha!!! He must be off his Rocker!!! My 'bloody cartoons' seem to crop up now and then...I'm not worried...as long as I'm not the guy who cuts his own fingers off just to make a point. More please Mr.Ted...Funny....I like it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad you are cool with the graphic stuff, my friend. Thanks for the compliment. I may post others.
      To me, the bad drawings are more offensive than the graphic subject matter, though. haha

      Delete
  2. Oh dear, Myron! Are you alright?
    Very cool to see things from deep within your archives, Ted! It's funny how we think we're invincible when we're young.....not so much anymore.....I almost did that in my office chair a few weeks ago. My co-workers thought it was funny, but they probably wouldn't have if they had to clean up that mess...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh man, sorry I missed that. That kind of human folly puts me in stitches.

      Delete
  3. I remember back when you were doing these type of cartoons. Always good for a "sick humor" laugh......

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's right, a sick laugh. Just what the doctor ordered.

      Delete